Permanent Code 14 Driver Required immediately
Code 14 Driver Required immediately
Job Place: Cape Town
Type of the Job: Permanent
Post Title: Code 14 Driver Required immediately
Perform duties related to the collection, transportation and distribution of goods and materials. To carry out general warehouse duties as allocated in support of the warehouse operation. Drivers must be aware at all times that they are driving branded vehicles, and that the reputation and credibility of Company must be maintained.
- (Key elements of the job) Collection, transportation and distribution Check LAI’s and Pastel Invoices with the dispatch clerk prior to loading. Count stock accurately at all suppliers before signing the dispatching paperwork. The driver is responsible for shortages once documentation has been signed as correct. Complete inbound and outbound Trip Sheets accurately and in full. Be presentable and professional at all times when carrying out your duties. Ensure all the relevant paperwork that you have collected from CNDC’s, depots and agencies is handed in to the branch supervisor. Ensure that PDOR deliveries have all the correct paperwork accurately completed and signed by all the relevant parties. Hand in all required paperwork to your Supervisor within designated time frames. Ensure goods are loaded correctly using the stipulated handling equipment and materials. Follow your designated routes as set out by your supervisor at all times. Deviations from the designated routes must be authorized. Assist in the daily tasks in the warehouse as instructed by your supervisor; including but not limited to cleaning and sanitising of vehicles, off-loading vehicles, food sorting, picking and packing, and general warehouse housekeeping duties.
Health and safety
- Wear all required and necessary Personal Protective Equipment at all times. Clean vehicles according to cleaning schedule and using the correct chemicals supplied by Company. Complete vehicle check list and report any faults to the Branch Supervisor prior to taking any vehicle on the road. Drive vehicle /s with due care at all times and do not violate any traffic laws or Company regulations / policies. Do not transport unauthorised persons in the vehicle at any time. Take all reasonable precautions to avoid injury to yourself and others as well as damage to the vehicle. Report any incidents involving injuries or vehicle damage to the Branch Supervisor immediately unless incapacitated. Security Ensure that vehicle doors are always closed and locked when not in use. Do not open the trailer door when not at an authorised delivery or collection point for that day. Do not delivers or collects goods without having the correct paperwork completed and signed by all relevant parties. After loading goods at the Company warehouse the trailer door must be closed in the presence of the Dispatch Clerk or the Warehouse Supervisor and not opened again until the load is delivered at the designated location. Do not open the trailer door at the warehouse when goods have been collected anywhere else but at the receiving door. The doors must only be opened in the presence of the Receiving Clerk or the Warehouse Supervisor. Food must not be loaded on the cab even if the vehicle is fully loaded. Standards / Compliance Drivers are required to comply with all the standards, policies and procedures set by Company. Drivers must ensure that general good driving practices are complied with / adhered to. Drivers must act responsibly at all times, and avoid causing Company financial loss through unnecessary wear and tear to the vehicle through either negligence or bad driving practices. Ensure that no unnecessary fuel costs are incurred; must be familiar with and follow all given routes as assigned by the branch supervisor. Ensure goods are transported in line with Company processes, making sure that there is no damage or discrepancy. Ensures that the vehicles and equipment are kept clean and well maintained at all times. Drivers are to report any vehicle defects, problems, expired licences, and related matters to the branch supervisor. Where Company vehicles have been involved in an accident, or require repairs, such vehicles must be taken to designated reputable companies for repair quotes.
- truck driving : 7 to 8 years
- Candidate Requirements
- Valid Code 14 Lisense with PDP
- + 7 years’ experience driving Code 14 truck
- Must Reside in Cape Town
36 total views, 1 today