Permanent Job Position for Safety and Security Officer Needed
Job Position for Safety and Security Officer Needed
Location: Cape Town
Job Type: Permanent
Job Title: Job Position for Safety and Security Officer Needed
Safety and Security Officer
Salary Level 6 – SANBI offers a basic annual salary of R211 713.00
Kirstenbosch National Botanical Garden, Cape Town
National Botanical Gardens Division
The South African National Biodiversity Institute (SANBI) is looking for a highly motivated, efficient, and enthusiastic person to administer, coordinate, and manage the site security and provision of information to the garden visitors.
- An application form (obtainable from SANBI website: www.sanbi.org must accompany the CV together with a letter motivating why the applicant should be favourably considered for this position, and certified qualifications confirming that the minimum qualifications are met (applicants lacking evidence of meeting minimum qualifications and relevant experience will not be considered).
- A competency test will be conducted as part of the selection process.
- Applicants must also provide the full names, addresses and telephone numbers and if possible e-mail addresses of at least three referees.
- Failure to submit the requested information and reference number shall result in your application not being considered.
- Personal Information will be processed by SANBI for purposes of assessing your suitability for the advertised position. SANBI may also share your personal information including special personal information with service providers or third parties, both within the Republic of South Africa and in other jurisdictions, to carry out verification of qualifications and other necessary documents, background and reference checks, competency assessment tests, and criminal record checks. In this regard, by virtue of your application, you acknowledge that SANBI’s authorised verification agent(s) and service providers will access your personal information including special personal information to conduct background screening, verification of qualifications and other necessary documents, reference checks, competency assessment tests, and criminal record checks. For more information, kindly refer to SANBI’s website.
- Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. SANBI reserves the right not to fill this position. All applications will be considered with the understanding that, in terms of the SANBI Employment Equity Plan, preference will be given to candidates from the designated groups.
- Contact Ms. Glynnis Webb for any queries for purposes of clarity. Applications consisting of the completed application form, motivation letter, a concise CV, and certified qualifications are to be submitted via an e-mail to [email protected]
- Postal applications must be addressed to: Deputy Director: Human Resources, South African National Biodiversity Institute, Private Bag X7, Claremont, 7735.
- Closing Date: 24 June 2022
- Candidates are expected to be available for selection interviews on a date and time as determined by SANBI. If no response has been received within 30 days of the closing date, candidates must consider their applications unsuccessful.
- This position requires a Diploma or Advanced Certificate in Safety & Security Management or equivalent and relevant qualification at NQF 6. An Advanced Diploma or Degree in Safety & Security Management or equivalent and relevant qualification at NQF 7 will be an added advantage. This position also requires a minimum of 3 years’ relevant experience in Safety & Security Management.
- The following competencies are required for the candidate to be successful in this position: must have PSIRA Grade B qualification; ability to work under pressure; extensive experience in the implementation of relevant legislation, policies, procedures, processes, and regulatory framework relevant to Safety & Security Management; Safety & Service focus are essential; advance knowledge for planning and organising, and statistical reports writing skills; in-depth organisational, analytical, and problem-solving skills; excellent communication (both verbal and written) and interpersonal skills; excellent computer literacy and experience in the application of software tools including (MS Word, MS Project, PowerPoint, Excel, Internet and Outlook). The possession of a valid driver’s license with at least one year of practical driving experience and a willingness to travel is essential.
Key Performance Responsibilities include:
- Provide effective security and risk management;
- Support garden-related information services;
- Ensure effective visitor services and public relations;
- Coordinate health and safety management services; and
- Support management of human resources.
34 total views, 1 today