Permanent Job Position for Sales Assistant Needed Urgently
Job Position for Sales Assistant Needed Urgently
Job Type: Permanent
Company/Employer: Baby City
Job Title: Job Position for Sales Assistant Needed Urgently
Dis-Chem Baby City require a Sales Assistant for their Riverside Store in Nelspruit. Main purpose of the role would be to provide overall assistance to customers through excellent customer service. The roles will include maintaining stock levels, processing of payments at Point of Sales and upholding high merchandising standards.
- Grade 12 / Matric
- Up to 6 months’ retail experience
- Certification in Retail Business Management
- 1 Year work experience within Retail
Role and Responsibilities:
- Report low stock levels, items that are out of stock, damaged stock and expired stock to management
- Assist with the counting of stock files and general stocktaking.
- Assist with the loading and off-loading of stock when needed.
- Identify and report damaged and expired stock immediately to management.
- Ensure boxes are flattened after unpacking stock and taken to the designated area.
- Ensure that full ranges of products are always on the shelves and neatly presented.
- Maintain the stock on the shelves to ensure it has not reached its sell by date.
- Restock merchandise when needed to ensure maximum sales.
- Ensure merchandise displays, labels and pricing are always correct and report all price discrepancies to management.
- Keep up to date with new product knowledge to effectively assist customers.
- Ensure all merchandise is handled carefully to prevent any losses.
- Build stable displays timeously for promotions to take place.
- Ensure that monthly promotions are implemented effectively to maximise sales.
- Ensure that relevant posters and signage should be put up in time for promotions to take place.
- Ensure promotional tickets, price tickets, posters etc. are placed in the expected time frame.
- Ensure that promotional stock is taken down immediately after the end of promotions.
- Ensure accurate cash flow and follow correct cash handling procedures
- Transact all purchases – receive, verify and processes all payments such as cash, cards, vouchers, coupons and any other acceptable payments.
- Ensure all out going stock/ items/ scripts are scanned and paid for.
- Process all loyalty cards including those of accelerated partners.
- Establish a professional relationship with customers and provide friendly, helpful, courteous assistance and advice to all customers.
- Report customer compliments and complaints to management.
- Attend to all customer stock queries and ensure that they dealt with and resolved.
- Strong command of the English language
- Knowledge of retail operations and administration
- Problem solving
- Trustworthy and honest
- Time management
- Customer service
- Takes ownership and accountability
- Basic computer skills (word, excel and outlook, numerical skills
Special conditions of employment:
- Willing and able to work retail hours
- South African citizen
- Clear credit and criminal records
Remuneration and benefits:
Market related salary
125 total views, 1 today