Permanent Job Vacancy for Unemployed Warehouse Clerk Wanted Urgently
Job Vacancy for Unemployed Warehouse Clerk Wanted Urgently
Location: North West
Job Type: Permanent
Company/Employer: RCL FOODS Careers
Job Title: Job Vacancy for Unemployed Warehouse Clerk Wanted Urgently
- Ensure compliance with established procedures and Company standards to maintain effective control over administrative processes.
- Implement required documentation and categorisation per Group standards.
- Receive and match GRV’s accurately and timeously.
- Match GRV quantity and value to delivery note and ensure timely input to SAP and accurate transaction records.
- Process and capture required transactions in SAP.
- Manage and address customer queries.
- Match creditor’s invoices, delivery notes and GRV’s received daily as required.
- Process short-supplied and over-supplied stock.
- Ensure that all goods entering the Company, and services performed for the Company are GRV’ed.
- Ensure that loading documents are captured correctly
- Systematically pick stock according to FEFO
- Print picking, checking and loading documents
- Blind checks to be conducted and balanced back to picking requirement before billing.
- Quantity picked and loaded to balance back to invoiced stock
- Picked and bulk stock gets weighed and balance back to weigh bridge.
- All trip sheets are printed
- Check for outstanding shipments and action
- Record reprinted invoice on the reprint form and file
- Ensure document control is maintained until handover completed
- Distribution office must be kept clean at all times
- Ensure that sufficient invoice paper is available prior to billing
- Ensure that Invoice printers are kept clean and report faults immediately
- Ensure a high standard of housekeeping is maintained inside the cold room.
- Maintain cleaning equipment and ensure correct storage.
- Ensure that stacking is neat, square and secure.
- Ensure the work area is neat and tidy at all times.
- Ensure waste on floors is cleaned before the end of the day and walk ways are neat and tidy.
- Ensure pallet boards and pallets are removed timeously from pick levels and cold room.
Cold Chain / Temperature Checking
- Take daily temperatures.
- Maintain records of all temperatures.
- Report any problems to the Shift Warehouse Controller.
- Cold Chain to be maintained at all times.
- Minimise standing time outside the cold room.
- Ensure that frozen products are handled according to SOP
- Ensure products get stacked correctly and securely, i.e. light on heavy.
- Ensure no products get manhandled – thrown or dropped.
- Ensure no product is left outside the cold room.
- Conduct spot checks on dispatching (loading).
- Ensure the correct handling, storing, stacking and rotation of stock.
- Minimise damage of products on receiving, in cold room and whilst loading.
- Monitor stock movement at all times – i.e. receiving to cold room; cold room to loading.
- Prevents overloads, short loads, and wrong loads.
Conduct Stock Count Preparations
- Assists to prepare the warehouse for the stock count.
- Ensure all damaged stock has been isolated and notes have been placed.
- Ensure easy access to product for counting purposes.
- Conduct daily stock counting as requested by the Warehouse Shift Controller.
- Report all problem stocks to the Shift Warehouse Controller.
Loading Rate Maintenance and Monitoring
- Maintain and monitor the loading rate (speed and accuracy).
- Complete performance sheets and record time lost or any other problems.
- Clock in and out at correct times.
- Keep overtime at a minimum.
- Report late coming to the Shift Warehouse Controller
Occupational Health and Safety Compliance
- Observe compliance with the health and safety regulations / ISO requirements.
- Ensure a high level of housekeeping, fire and accident prevention, safe work practices and proper job instructions.
Good Handling Practices
- Ensure loading and freezer door are kept closed.
- Ensure a glass free area by covering glass fixtures and not allowing cups and bottles near any product.
- Ensure trucks are pre-cooled.
Teamwork and Self-Management
- Take ownership and accountability for tasks and activities and demonstrate effective self-management in terms of planning and prioritising, and self- development.
- Gives work instructions to Loaders, Forklift Drivers, Reach Truck Drivers and Pickers in the absence of the Shift Warehouse Controller.
- Follow through to ensure that quality and productivity standards of work are consistently and accurately maintained.
- Inform relevant parties in the event of tasks or deadlines not met, the potential risks thereof and provide appropriate resolution.
- Support and drive the business core values.
- Demonstrate willingness to help others and “go the extra mile” to meet team targets and objectives. KPI’s
- Availability of accurate performance indicators and metrics for warehouse • Correctly palletized and loaded stock
- Internal customer satisfaction
- General loading accuracy
- Health and safety compliance and risk elimination
- Accurate timekeeping
- Deliver loading and offloading efficiencies
Duties & Responsibilities
Matric, basic numeracy will be an added advantage.
Studying towards a Supply Chain or Logistics qualification would be an added advantage Minimum of 1-year Warehouse or similar experience required
Knowledge and Skill
- Be brilliant at the basics
- Face the brutal facts
- Smash the silos
- Lead with integrity, respect and energy
- Be curious and challenge change
- Take accountability for results and people
- Warehouse-based stock and handling processes
- Warehouse methodologies and principles
- Stock checking principles and practices
- Completion of pre-vehicle checklist Skills
- Computer literacy (MS Office)
- Verbal and written communication
- Logical thinking
- Basic Numerical ability / aptitude
- Tolerant of stress and pressure
- Attention to detail
- Deadline driven
- Able to prioritise
- Tolerant to working in a cold environment for a long period of hours
371 total views, 1 today